If you have noticed your smile has lost its shine, or wonder how your teeth have become discolored, you might have stained your teeth. There are many ways your teeth could become stained and understanding the main cause of the staining could help you prevent it in the future.
Our dentist, Dr. Andrew Atwood, can help you with your smile. That is why our team at Double Take Dental in Orem, Utah, is willing to share with you a list of a few ideas on what could be staining your teeth.
Here is a list of a few items that could stain your teeth:
– Curry: A popular spice used in many dishes called curry can yellow your teeth because of the pigment and sticky substance it has.
– Coffee: The dark and thick material of coffee can stain and discolor your teeth over time.
– Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in acids that pierce your tooth enamel and can cause deep staining.
– Wine: Both red and white wine can stain your teeth deeply. White wine is enormously high in acidities that stain your teeth more than the pungent color of red wine.
– Berries: Berries are tremendously healthy in many ways, yet many are dark in color and cling to your teeth causing them to stain.
– Sodas and sports drinks: These drinks are very high in ingredients and acids that are known to damage your teeth, including sugar-free ones.
As you can see, your teeth need attention if you wish to keep them white and healthy for years to come. If you have questions about your teeth, or fee it’s time to see a professional, please call us today at 801-225-1002 to make an appointment. We are happy to see you.